Want to cool down in the summer heat but not quite ready to give up. your caffeine fix? This cold brew coffee float recipe might be just the thing you need on a hot summer day.
I much prefer cold brewed coffee to iced coffee (espresso poured over ice cubes). It has a much more mellow taste and is a lot smoother. Plus I can brew a large quantity, strain it and then keep it in the fridge for the whole week.
Enjoy this delicious cold brewed coffee black, with milk or turn into an indulgent coffee ice cream float, like we have below, for an extra special treat.
2 x large mason jars, or 1 large storage jar and 1 large bowl to use while filtering out coffee grounds
1 to 2 coffee filters
8 cups of water
2 cups of ground coffee
Vanilla ice cream to serve
Prep time: < 5min
Sit time: 12 hours in fridge
Makes: 8 cups of coffee
Put ground coffee into a large mason jar or glass container.
Pour cold water over the coffee, stir, and cover.
Let sit in fridge for over 12 hours.
Filter the coffee out by lining a sieve with 2 coffee filters.
Cover and store in the fridge until ready to drink.
To enjoy, pour over ice. While we used ice cream for the floats, you can use whipped cream, condensed milk, syrup, or enjoy it black.
- Put ground coffee into a large mason jar or glass container.
- Pour cold water over the coffee, stir, and cover.
- Let sit in fridge for over 12 hours.
- Filter the coffee out by lining a sieve with 2 coffee filters.
- Cover and store in the fridge until ready to drink.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or fresh cream.
Next, take a look at our other favourite coffee recipes!